All documents are supplied in Portable Document Format (PDF).
*Note for iPad users: The documents below are best viewed in iBooks
FY21 - Proposed Annual
Operating and Capital Budget
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021
- County Administrator's Budget Message
- FY21 Budget Summary - This document contains a series of charts and tables that present the budget in an aggregated fashion together with various economic and population trend data for Pinellas County.
- FY21 Annual Operating and Capital Budget - This is the detail budget by program (expenditure) and account (revenue) for the County.
- Appendix - This section includes the Glossary, Budget Policies, Basis of Accounting for Financial Statements and Budget, Overview of the Budget Process, Budgetary Control and Budget Calendar, Summary and Detail of User Fee Changes, Countywide Grants Report, Forward Pinellas Budget, and Location Map.
- FY21 Budget Presentations – Links to presentations to the Board of County Commissioners throughout the budget process. Includes PowerPoint presentations and streaming video of meetings.
- Introduction to the Proposed Budget –This page will orient you to each section of the budget document and precedes the table of contents in the hard copy of the document.
- Transmittal Memo - The first two pages (labeled pages 1-3) of the Budget Message section. This letter from the County Administrator to the Board of County Commissioners (Board) is the introduction to the budget document and highlights the strategy behind the formulation of the proposed budget.
- Mission, Vision and Values and Strategic Plan - Pages A-1 and A-2 in the document, reflect Pinellas County’s Mission, Vision and Values and our Doing Things strategic plan.
- Additional Priority Needs Addressed within Proposed Budget –Pages A-9-11 of the Budget Message section. This narrative summarizes the additional priority needs that have been incorporated, per Board direction, into the FY20 Proposed Budget, organized by strategic goal area. These needs were identified by the Board, departments, Constitutional Officers, and Independent Agencies.
- Budget Summary Section
- Budget at a Glance - Page B-2 of the Summaries section. This infographic provides a 1-page summary of the FY21 Proposed Budget with breakdowns by functional expense, revenue types, and expenditures by each of the three major agency groupings.
- Property Tax Rates and Revenue Table – Page B-3 of the Summaries section. This table presents the property tax (ie - millage) rates and projected revenues used to calculate the balanced proposed budget. At the Board’s scheduled budget information session on August 6, staff will be seeking Board feedback regarding the maximum millage rates to be published in the TRIM notices that will be mailed to all property owners on August 24th.
- Operating and Capital Budget Comparison – Pages B-7 -8 of the Summaries section. These tables and charts summarize and document variances between the FY21 Proposed and FY20 Revised Budgets for the operating expenditures by department/agency and capital expenditures by function.
- Personnel Position Comparison – Pages B-23-24 of the Summaries section. This table compares the FY18, FY19, FY20 and FY21 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions by department and agency.
- Department/Agency Program Budgets and Analyses – Each department/agency’s pages begin with a Department/Agency Description and Analysis of the Proposed Budget. Budgets are then presented by program with FTE related to each program. A summary and program descriptions are also provided. List of departments under the County Administrator in Section D -Summary page.
- Capital –Section I presents the 6-year Capital Improvement Program with summary and detailed information, including a summary of changes (starting on page I-49).