Contractors, Architects or Engineers are responsible for contacting the following (appropriate) departments prior to submitting plans to the Building Department.
- Developmental Review Services - (727) 464-3888
- Engineering - (727) 464-3251
- Any Applicable Outside Agency
- Health Department - (727) 538-7277
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Non-County Utilities - see Municipalities
- Site Plan Review List
- Construction Management: (727) 464-8880
Survey & Mapping: (727) 464-8904
Commercial Plan Review will Route Plans through:
- Water / Sewer (727) 464-4000
No permit will be issued until all applicable departments/agencies have approved their portion of the application.
The initial plan review takes approximately 10 to 20 working days. Once the reviews are completed, the owner or contractor is notified by phone on the status of the plans.
- Commercial Permit Procedure
- Commercial Special Requirements
- What to Submit to Commercial Plan Review
Commercial Permit Procedure:
Please check with our zoning division to verify jurisdiction and that the zoning designation matches the intended use of the property. A legal description such as the Parcel Number (18 digits) is needed for this. If the review is for new construction or an addition have your architect or engineer prepare a site plan to submit for site plan review. You can contact zoning at (727) 464-3401.
- Septic tanks, swimming pools, and water systems must be approved by the Health Department.
- Restaurants, food outlets, food processors, and delis not in convenience
stores must be reviewed by the Department
of Business Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurants ,
and specification sheet from them must be submitted with plans.
- Receipt for sewer and water connections are required if not serviced
by Pinellas County Utilities.
- New construction near the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport must have clearance from the Airport Director.
Submit to Commercial Plan Review the following:
- (1) Central Permit Form
- (1) set of Energy Code Forms
- (3) sets of signed and sealed plans
- (3) Product Approval Lists
set is sent to the fire
set is sent to water
and sewer department
set is kept in house
for plan review
- (1) Flood Zone Application if construction is in an "A" or "V" flood zone
The commercial plan review division is located on the 3rd floor of 440 Court Street and is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.