Our permitting and inspection services have moved to a new system! Please visit our Pinellas County Access Portal.
The Pinellas County Automated Inspection Phone Line (formally IVR) has a new number: (727) 453-4000. Information
Implementation of the Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020) will occur at midnight December 30, 2020. Complete permitting packages must be submitted to our office prior to 2:00 pm on December 30, 2020. Any incomplete projects submitted will be rejected and will need to comply with the new Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020), if submitted after 2:00 pm on December 30, 2020.
Plan Review Submittal Checklists:
TEMPORARY SERVICE CHANGES
DUE TO COVID-19
To protect the public and staff, Building and Development Review Services has implemented temporary service changes. Until further notice, these procedures will be in place:
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Operations
- The BDRS office at 440 Court Street, Clearwater, is accepting permit and development applications via drop-off only. Customer access will be limited to the building's lobby from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. We understand this will impact the overall processing timelines, but staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible. (Contractors may still make permitting and inspection requests online.)
- Inspections will be limited to the exterior of a structure if possible. Interior inspections will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and when deemed necessary, will follow CDC social distancing recommendations between staff and the public.
- Payment of permit and/or application fees will be limited to credit card transactions.
- All public meetings will be held telephonically or virtually.
Building Services provides building permits, building inspections, and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County.
Our Service Areas include Unincorporated Pinellas County and communities who contract our services....Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, and Oldsmar.
City of Belleair Bluffs
Due to pre-permit procedures set by The City of Belleair Bluffs, Online permit service will no longer be available for projects in the City of Belleair Bluffs. Permits within the City will be required to be pulled in person. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information on application and registration procedures for the City of Belleair Bluffs please visit their website www.belleairbluffs.org/permits.aspx or phone (727) 584-2151.
- Building Departments in Pinellas County
- Building FAQ
- Building Plan Review - Commercial / Residential
- Codes / Municode
- Elevation Certificate Updates
- Fee Schedules
- Forms / Permits / Check Lists (for homeowners)
- Forms / Permits / Check Lists (for contractors)
- General Property Map - view this map for parcel, zoning, land use, aerials, and general information
- Phone Number List
- Steps for New Building Commercial Development
- Subcontractor Form - Subcontractor FAQ
- View Elevation Certificates (use Chrome or Firefox and zoom in on pink dots)
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at
Notices and News:
- Effective April 1, 2019: Changes to Inspection Scheduling . To maintain high standards of customer service, Pinellas County will be enacting changes to Inspection Scheduling requiring inspections to be scheduled prior to 3:30pm for an inspection to occur on the next business day.
- Helpful reminder: Contractors must provide Pinellas County Building Services a copy of your renewed State of Florida license and updated Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) yellow card before expiration to avoid conflict of scheduling inspections or applying for permits. Updated licenses and PCCLB cards may be emailed to Building Services. Each municipal building department will require an updated copy of each, as well. PCCLB renewal may be completed online June 1 - October 31, 2020.
- 2017 Florida Building Code 6th Edition is now in effect.
- Central Permit Form - Management determined that Owner and Contractor attestations will be sufficient in place of the latest change procedure requiring Owner and Contractor notarized signatures.
Report / File:
- Building Green
- Construction Licensing Board
- Choosing a Contractor - Florida Lien Law
- Development Review Services
- Housing and Community Development
- Utilities - Engineering Specifications
Permits Required / No Permits
List of permits and no permits required
If you live in a city, check your city's website for their codes more>