Board of County Commissioners
Commissioner Eggers was elected to the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners in November 2014. Previously, he served as Mayor of Dunedin, elected in March 2009, and then re-elected in 2012. Prior to becoming Mayor, he served as a City Commissioner of Dunedin, elected in 2003 and re-elected in 2006.
During his tenure on the County Commission, he continues to focus on fiscal accountability, economic development, transportation issues within the region and County, regional water management, and consensus on ensuring land availability for business expansion (light industrial land use and zoning), affordable housing (residential zoning) and stormwater/environmental needs.
During Commissioner Eggers� tenure with Dunedin, he started the Youth Advisory Council, the Social Services Committee and the Public Safety Committee. In addition, he led efforts to recognize returning veterans and to establish the Purple Heart Park and Purple Heart City designation for the City.
Master of Business Administration in Finance and Marketing, University of Pittsburg, PA, 1982
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, specializing in Civil Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1979
Current Committees and Organizations
- County Attorney Oversight Committee
- Economic Development Council (Chairman)
- Election Canvassing Board
- Forward Pinellas Board (Past Chairman)
- Forward Pinellas Executive Committee (Chairman)
- My VA Community Engagement Board
- Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area Board (Past Chairman)
- Tampa Bay Water (Chairman)
- Tourist Development Council (Chairman)
- Value Adjustment Board (Chairman)
Past Committees and Organizations
- AmSkills Board
- Career Source Board
- Consolidated Justice Information Systems Board
- Dunedin Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Dunedin Board of Finance
- Dunedin Chamber of Commerce (Member and Past Chairman)
- Local Coordinating Board - Subcommittee for MPO, Transportation Disadvantaged (Past Chairman)
- Mease Manor Board of Directors (Past Chairman)
- MPO (Past Chairman)
- Pinellas County Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Pinellas Schools Collaborative Committee
- Pinellas Schools Transportation Safety Committee
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Finance & Performance Management Committee
- School Board Liaison for Dunedin City Commission
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority (Alternate)
- Toronto Blue Jays Liaison for Dunedin City Commission
Personal Affiliations and Organizations
- Dunedin Historical Society (Member)
- Friends of the Dunedin Library (Member)
- Friends of the Honeymoon Island Parks (Charter Member)
- Rotary Club of Dunedin North (Member)
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Church (Session Member)
Commissioner Eggers worked as a Strategic Planner and Operations Manager for US Steel and National Steel. He relocated to Florida in 1984 and began working as a Commercial Real Estate Agent for Oliver Realty and then Grubb and Ellis. Throughout his 30+ year career in real estate, he has marketed owner�s properties and assisted corporations in relocating. He has worked with numerous companies to buy and lease office, industrial and/or retail properties. He opened Centerpointe Realty, located in Dunedin, in 1988.
Commissioner Eggers was born on June 2, 1957 in St. Louis, Missouri. His parents moved to South America when he was a child, and he was raised in Guatemala and Peru. He speaks Spanish and has a great respect for the Latin culture.
He and his wife, Becky, have a son, Ryan Stone of Dunedin, Florida; a daughter, Emily Stone of Los Angeles, CA.
Commissioner Eggers coached Dunedin National Little League (now Greater Dunedin Little League) for more than 14 years. He coached the 1995 Dunedin National Senior Team to a World Series win and managed the 2001 Dunedin Big League Team to a third-place finish in the World Series play. From 2006-2013, he served as an umpire for the local Little League and the Southern Umpires Association.
He is an avid sports fan. His favorite teams are the Duke Blue Devils, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Tampa Bay Rays, and Tampa Bay Lightning.
E-mail addresses are public records under Florida law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by telephone at (727) 464-3000, (727) 464-4062 TDD, or in writing, via the United States Postal Service at:
Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners
315 Court Street
Clearwater, FL 33756