Our permitting and inspection services have moved to a new system! Please visit our Pinellas County Access Portal.
The Pinellas County Automated Inspection Phone Line (formally IVR) has a new number: (727) 453-4000. Information
TEMPORARY SERVICE CHANGES
DUE TO COVID-19
To protect the public and staff, Building and Development Review Services has implemented temporary service changes. Until further notice, these procedures will be in place:
- COVID-19 Permitting Guide
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Operations
- The BDRS office at 440 Court Street, Clearwater, is accepting permit and development applications via drop-off only. Customer access will be limited to the building's lobby from 9am to 2pm. We understand this will have impact the overall processing timelines, but staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible. (Contractors may still make permitting and inspection requests online.)
- Inspections will be limited to the exterior of a structure if possible. Interior inspections will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and when deemed necessary, will follow CDC social distancing recommendations between staff and the public.
- Payment of permit and/or application fees will be limited to credit card transactions.
- All public meetings will be held telephonically or virtually.
Development Review Services (DRS) provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to the review of applications for land development activities in unincorporated Pinellas County to ensure the most efficient, effective and coordinated review possible in accordance with the purpose and intent of the County’s Land Development Code regulations.
Service Area: Unincorporated Pinellas County
Engineering and Drainage:
- Drainage Requirements
- Drainage of stormwater from property
- Floodplains / Flooding
- Roads - Right of Way / Special Use
- Completion Bonds
- Maintenance Bonds
- Site Plan Pre-Application Meeting Request Form
- Site Plan Review Listing
- Site Plan Review Application
- Site Plan Check List
- Development Review Committee - reviews applications for land development activities.
Tree Removal Permit / Landscaping / Habitat Codes:
- Permits for tree removal
- Exotic tree removal
- Landscaping options
- Mangrove trimming
- Habitat Codes / Protection / Management
Zoning / Land Use Information:
- Land Development Code
- Maps and Aerials
- Rezoning and / or Land Use Change
- Special Exception Conditional Use
- Variances Request
- Pinellas County Codes / Municode
- Engineering & Technical Information
- Fee Schedules
- Forms / Permit Applications
- Glossary of Terms
- Phone Numbers
Complaints / Report:
- Code Enforcement - or call (727) 464-4761
Other Related Departments:
- Building Services
- Code Enforcement - tall grass, trash, etc.
- Housing and Community Development - zoning change, Land Use Amendment
- Public Works