Flood Elevation Certificate
Provide information necessary to:
- Ensure compliance with floodplain management ordinances
- Determine the proper insurance premium rate.
- Request a map amendment or revision.
If you live in one of the Pinellas County municipalities, please contact your city directly for flood map information.
Pinellas County does not prepare elevation certificates. Elevation certificates are prepared by licensed surveyors and submitted to Pinellas County as a requirement of the building permit process.
Where to Get an Elevation Certificate:
- Download a copy from the Pinellas County online Flood Map Information Service . Available elevation certificates in unincorporated Pinellas County are shown on the map as a pink dots. Click on the dot to download a copy.
Request a copy from Pinellas County or your municipality. The County and its municipalities keep completed elevation certificates on file and provide copies. Pinellas County also provides Base Flood Elevations, including Base Flood Elevations for un-numbered (A) Flood Zones.
Did You Know?
Pinellas County provides copies of FEMA elevation certificates on all buildings in the unincorporated area constructed in the floodplain since 1992. Contact Pinellas County Flood Information Services at (727) 464-7700.
- Ask the sellers. When buying a property, ask the sellers to give you their EC.
- Ask the developer or builder. In a high-risk area, the developer or builder might have been required to get an EC at the time of construction. You can also request one as part of the survey that is done when you build or purchase a house.
- Hire a licensed land surveyor, professional engineer, or certified architect who is authorized by law to certify elevation information. For a fee, these professionals can complete an EC for you.
Effective Jan. 1, 2017, a copy of each elevation certificate prepared by a surveyor and mapper will be submitted to the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) as required by Florida Statute 472.0366.
You can easily upload a copy of your certificates and view previously submitted certificates.