The garden is planted and maintained by volunteers. Schools throughout Pinellas County visit during the school year.
Water Tower and Wind Mill:
Donated to Heritage Village by William D. Goffigan in March 1983, the Water Tower has been restored but is not operational.
Water Tank: Originally built in Sutherland, Florida (now Palm Harbor) around 1914, the tank was used by the Goffigan family to spray and irrigate their citrus groves.
Windmill: Windmills piped the water into above ground holding tanks. Farmers took advantageof gravity to distribute the water easily where they needed it.
During this time rural houses still used the outhouse. Indoor plumbing did not become available to rural areas until mid 1950s.