The Affordable Care Act has enabled 58 percent of eligible and uninsured Florida residents to gain access to quality, affordable healthcare. Central to this achievement is the creation of the Healthcare Insurance Marketplace. Through the Marketplace, eligible persons are able to enroll in a health plan to get coverage.
Open Enrollment for 2021 begins November 1st! Call (727) 460-6416 to make an appointment today! Pinellas County's Certified Application Counselor is available year-round to help you with the Affordable Healthcare Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act.
Still need health coverage for 2020? Open Enrollment for 2020 has ended; but, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period! Call (727) 460-6416 to make an appointment with a Certified Application Counselor today!
Most Special Enrollment Periods are available for up to 60 days after the qualifying event, i.e. loss of healthcare coverage. Don't delay! Call our Certified Application Counselor with questions today! Help is currently available.
About the Affordance Care Act program:
- Affordable Care Act FAQs
- What if I am Self-Employed?
- Do I qualify for Special Enrollment?
- What information should I bring to an appointment?
- Have questions about your 1095-A tax forms? Contact Pinellas County's Certified Application Counselor at (727) 460-6416.
- For more information on this program, call visit Healthcare.gov .
Pinellas County's Certified Application Counselor is available to assist you in looking for and enrolling in health coverage options through the Marketplace.
Our Certified Application Counselor can:
Explain various options, price packages, and benefits available through the Affordable Care Act.
- Assist in determining eligibility for coverage and where you fit on the sliding scale of subsidies and tax credits.
- Explore any free or low-cost programs for which you may qualify.
- Provide referrals to alternative medical care coverage, when appropriate.
- Offer enrollment assistance so you get the health care package that is the best fit for your family's needs.
- Guide you through the appeals and exemptions process.
- Assist you year round if you need help or information.
Important Health Care Links:
- A Roadmap to Better Care and Healthier You
- Differences between Your Provider and the Emergency Room
- Community Health Centers – sliding scale fee program
- Florida KidCare – administering the Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Florida Medicaid
- Pinellas County Health Department/LIP Program – 100-200% of the FPL
- Pinellas County Health Program – adults age 18-64 under 100% of the FPL
Erin Richards, Certified Application Counselor