Future Land Use and Zoning Information
How to apply for future land use changes, zoning changes, development agreements, and type 3 uses:
- Applications can now be submitted online.
- If you require a paper application, contact the Planning Department to obtain the required application(s):
- Submit an application request form;
- Call (727) 464-5047; or,
- Visit the office at 440 Court St, 4th Floor, Clearwater, FL 33756
- Submit the applicable application to the Land Use and Zoning Division.
- Applicants are encouraged (but not required) to call or visit the Land Use and Zoning Division to review the proposal.
- Complete the required zoning application and file with the County (pay filing fees - once application is advertised, fees cannot be returned).
- Complete the Type 3 Use Application.
- Development Review Committee (DRC) - the DRC reviews the proposal to help facilitate staff’s development of recommendations.
- Local Planning Agency (LPA) public hearing – the LPA is tasked with ensuring consistency with the Comprehensive Plan and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Board of County Commissioners public hearing – the Board has the final authority on decisions (unless they involve State Areas of Critical Concern).
How to apply for variance requests and type 2 uses:
Return to top