Pinellas County offers several programs that can help builders and developers lower the cost of building affordable housing.
- The County offers expedited permitting for affordable housing.
- There are no site plan review fees for affordable housing.
- The County offers impact fee rebates for affordable housing.
- The County offers land use and zoning incentives aimed at making it easier and more profitable to develop and build affordable housing.
- The County funds a variety of nonprofit programs aimed at helping homebuyers become mortgage ready, thereby expanding the pool of qualified homebuyers.
- Subsidies are available to make units more affordable to income eligible tenants and homebuyers.
Additional information about development code incentives is available in the
Affordable Housing Development Programs:
Pinellas County affordable housing development funds can be used to assist projects involving
1. Acquisition of existing units
2. Acquisition and rehabilitation
4. New construction
Forms of Assistance: Deferred payment or reduced interest (3.0%) loans may be used to assist with acquisition costs, construction, rehabilitation, and soft costs associated with the development. The amount of funds contributed to the project is directly connected to the purpose of providing units that are affordable to income qualified tenants or homebuyers and cannot be greater than the reasonable amount needed to accomplish that purpose. Funds are committed to the project when a legally binding agreement has been executed between the project owner and the County.
- Penny Affordable Housing Program
- Affordable Rental Housing Development
- Affordable Housing Development for Homebuyers
- Application for Affordable Housing Funding - Please contact the Affordable Housing Section at 727-464-8247.