The biennial employee survey is your opportunity to tell us about your
experience working at Pinellas County. All employees are encouraged to take 10 minutes to complete the anonymous Employee Voice Survey starting August 2, 2021.
Answers to Your Top Questions
- The email with your unique survey link was sent by Empact Solutions via SurveyMonkey on August 2 with a subject line of We want your opinion.
- If you have not yet taken the survey, a reminder email will be sent on August 9 with a subject line of 2021 Employee Voice Survey.
- The images in the email may not load. To view the survey link, hover your cursor over the red X in the box above Welcome to the 2021 Pinellas County Employee Voice Survey. Right click or tap and hold to download the images. Once downloaded, click Begin Survey.
- If you don't receive the email, check your Junk or Spam inbox. If your emails are set up in focus mode, check your Other box. If you don't see the survey, email EMPACTSolutions@Outlook.com.
- You can view the survey without taking it, but for your answers to be counted, you must complete the survey in one sitting and click Submit.
Documents are provided as Adobe Acrobat PDF files
- Flyer - Post in break rooms
and share with employees who have limited computer access.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the survey really anonymous?
YES! Your responses are 100% anonymous. An outside agency (Empact Solutions) is conducting the survey. Neither Human Resources nor your manager can see names or individual responses.
When will the survey be distributed?
On August 2, 2021, employees received a message in their work email from Empact Solutions with a unique link to the electronic survey.
When does the survey close?
The deadline to complete the survey is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 20, 2021.
Why take the survey?
Because your feedback matters!
Did anything change as a result of the last survey?
Yes. Your survey responses helped to shape and guide important decisions within your department/division as well as in the organization overall.
|View the July Pen for a list of accomplishments based on the last survey.
Some ways that leadership acted upon results of the 2019 survey are:
- Improved work relationships like implementing employee-driven process improvement teams and employee forums, internal task teams and meeting restructuring.
- Enhanced professional development and career growth opportunities including defining career paths/ladders and offering leadership programs.
- More employee recognition such as periodic awards and perks for outstanding service.
- Organization improvements such as developing service standards and operation procedures, reorganizing to streamline reporting relationships and customer service.
- Succession planning including supporting career growth, offering enhanced training opportunities and promoting from within based on career series.
How are the results kept anonymous?
- Your responses will be submitted directly to a third-party research agency, Empact Solutions, for analysis. Only Empact Solutions will see the raw data including demographic information such as employee department, age, sex, ethnicity, etc.
- Your survey responses are anonymous. In no case will information be reported to Pinellas County in such a way that an individual's identity can be known.
- Survey answers accompanied by demographic data will not be provided at the individual department/division level. For smaller departments, additional steps will be taken that no demographic data will be shared, and small departments may be grouped together to protect individual identity.
Will my supervisor know if I took the survey?
No. Reminder emails will be sent directly to employees who did not complete the survey. Neither your supervisor nor Pinellas County will know whether or not you took the survey.
Do the results go to the managers?
No. The individual survey submissions are confidential and will not be provided to Human Resources, managers, supervisors, directors or Appointing Authorities in such a way that individual responses will be discernible. Each Appointing Authority will receive a summary of results that will then be shared with the leadership team, managers and employees. This data will be used to plan actions that need to be taken as a result of the 2021 Employee Voice Survey. Again, this summary looks at trends and protects individual responses.
I understand we will be rating our Appointing Authority, department, work group and supervisor. What is considered a “work group?”
A work group is the set of employees reporting to one supervisor. For example, your department may have several divisions. In that case, a division may be a work group.
How long will the survey take to complete?
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
When should I take the survey?
You may complete the survey during work hours on any computer with an Internet connection, or on your smartphone or a tablet. It’s best to take the survey in one session. If you close out an incomplete survey, your answers will not be submitted.
What if I don't get the email with the survey link?
If you didn't receive an email from Empact Solutions by the end of the day on August 2 with the survey link, please check your Junk or Spam email folders. If the email is not there, contact Empact Solutions by email at EMPACTSolutions@Outlook.com.
What if I share a computer with someone else?
More than one employee may take the survey on the same computer. However, you will need to access your unique link to the survey from the August 2 email from Empact Solutions.
Can I change my answers after I submit my survey?
No. Once you have submitted your answers, you cannot change them.
Are the questions the same as last time?
The questions are very similar to the 2015, 2017 and 2019 surveys to allow data comparison.
What type of questions are on the survey?
There is a mixture of multiple choice and open-ended questions about what you like best about working for the County, and what you like least.
How will the results be communicated?
Human Resources will reveal the UPS-wide results in the November issue of The Pen and post them on our website. Empact Solutions will report results for each of the Appointing Authorities to them and the Appointing Authorities will report results to their employees.
What if I have other questions?
Contact Empact Solutions by email at EMPACTSolutions@Outlook.com.
Return to top