Personnel Board - Unified Personnel System
The Personnel Board, part of the Unified Personnel System, was established in 1975 by a special legislative act (Personnel Act) of the Florida Legislature. There are seven Board members.
All documents are in PDF format.
6:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month.
Results for each meeting will be added after Board approval.
|2021 Meeting Agendas
||2020 Meeting Agendas
* Different location (Utilities building)
- January 2 - Canceled
- February 6
- March 5
- March 19 - Canceled
- April 2 - Postponed to April 30
- April 30
- May 7
- June 3 - Rescheduled from June 4
- July 1 - Rescheduled from July 2
- July 15 - Canceled
- August 5 - Rescheduled from August 6
- August 19 - Canceled
- September 2 - Rescheduled from Sep. 3
- September 16 - Canceled
- September 18 - Special meeting (4:00)
- September 23 - Canceled
- September 30 - Canceled
- October 7 - Rescheduled from Oct. 1
- November 5 - Canceled
- December 3 - Canceled
To access archived agendas from previous years, please contact Human Resources at (727) 464-3367 or by email.
Members of the Personnel Board must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Of good moral character
- Of good reputation in the community
- A citizen of the United States
- A permanent resident of Florida
- A resident of Pinellas County for at least 2 years prior to the date of the appointment
Members of the Personnel Board may not:
- Be an employee of any entity of county government in Pinellas County
- Be a member of any national, state or county committee of a political party
- Hold or be a candidate for any paid public office
- Be the spouse, parent or grandparent, child or grandchild, brother or sister, aunt or uncle, niece or nephew, by consanguinity or affinity of a member of the classified service or of any officer whose employees are covered by the act
- Have a conflict of interest in terms of their related business, duties, or responsibilities in connection with the Board
- View the current officers.
- At its first regular meeting in January, the Personnel Board elects one of its members to serve as Chair and one of its members to serve as Vice Chair.
- Adoption and amendment of rules and regulations for the administration of the Unified Personnel System in accordance with the legislative act
- Appointment (and removal) of the Director of Human Resources
- Approving Personnel Rules, pay plan adjustments, reclassification of positions and pay grade changes in accordance with the legislative act
- Hearing and determining appeals and complaints concerning the administration of the act
- Investigations concerning the enforcement of the act
- Requiring observance of the provisions of the act and the resulting rules and regulations
Return to top