The Parks and Conservation Resources administrative office is located at 12520 Ulmerton Road in Largo. Fort De Soto campsite reservations and all park shelter reservations can also be made online or at this office.
3500 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Information Line: (727) 582-2267
A 238-site family camping area with facilities including picnic tables, grills, water, electricity, washers, dryers, sanitary disposal stations, modern restrooms, showers, play areas, and a campground store. Special camp sites for camping with pets.
- Fort De Soto Park Camp Office hours:
Friday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. / Saturday thru Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. / Phone hours: Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- For other assistance: Contact the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number (727) 582-6200. For emergency dial 9-1-1.
- Campsite Reservations
- Reservation Instructions:
- How to Create a Profile
- How to Reset a Password
- How to Edit a Profile
- How to Make a Campground Reservation
- Customer Information Call Center hours:
Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (727) 582-2100 select #2 from phone menu. If you need any assistances outside of our call center hours, email us at FTDesoto@pinellascounty.org. Please allow 24-48 hrs. for reply.
- All reservations must check in upon arrival (Occasionally site assignment changes may occur.)
- All reservations may be made up to six months in advance
- Pinellas County residents may make reservations up to seven months in advance. Verification of residency (a current Florida Driver’s license or valid Florida ID along with a current utility bill) will be required at the time of check-in, failure to provide will result in cancellation. The campsite must be occupied by the Pinellas County resident making the reservation. For further information, call (727) 582-2100, select Option #2.
- A campsite may be reserved for a maximum of 14 nights.
- Reservations are limited to a maximum of ONE per individual per day.
- Payment by MasterCard, VISA, cash, money order or personal check for the full amount is required before a reservation can be recorded.
- A reservation does not automatically imply an option to extend your stay.
- From January through April, occupancy is limited to 14 nights in any 30-day period. From May through December occupancy may be extended for an additional 14 nights depending upon availability of campsites.
- Please note designated pet area camping spots 86-164.
- Fort DeSoto Campground Cancellation Policy:
Our policy on changing or cancelling a reservation is:
- There is a $5 modification fee per reservation for any cancellations, change site, or rescheduling of reservations.
- Cancellations, changes, rescheduling, or early departures require 48 hrs. minimum advance notice or will be subject to forfeiting the cost of one night’s stay + $5 modification fee.
- To cancel a reservation and receive a refund, visit the Campground Reservation System, submit a Contact Us form, or call (727) 582-2100.
- Reservation Instructions:
|Sites 1-85||Sites 86-236|
Tourist Development Tax 6%
State Tax 7%
TOTAL BASE RATES
Tourist Development Tax
TOTAL BASE RATES
- Sites 1-85 have been designed for the tent, van, pop-up camper and trailers under 16’.
- Sites 86-236 are designed and equipped to accommodate all camping units.
- All sites have water and electrical hook-up (30-50 amp service), picnic table and charcoal grill.
- Dump stations and modern restrooms with showers and laundry facilities are provided for your convenience.
- WIFI at camp store and office.
- Pets are permitted in Area 2 only (sites 86-164).
- Electric carts allowed on campground premises only.
- Campground Store: Hours of operation are Sunday - Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday - Saturday 8am to 7pm. They will be implementing social distancing practices. For more information, call (727) 866-9191.
Campsite occupancy is limited to ONE of the following groups of camping rigs:
- One motor home and two vehicles
- One travel trailer and two vehicles
- One pop-up camper and two vehicles
- Two tents and two vehicles
- One pick-up truck with mounted camping rig
- NOTE: There must be at least one adult at each site. In addition, one boat trailer is allowed on each site. There is a six-person limit, including children, per campsite at any time.
- Keep all tents, boats, trailers, etc. on shelled area of your campsite.
- Campers are advised to protect their personal property.
- Check-in time is after 1 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m. Please be considerate of others by checking out on time.
- Quiet time is at 10 p.m. All unregistered guests must leave the camp area at that time.
- The front gate entrance is locked from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Please obtain the combination when you check in.
Swimming in camp area
Use of gasoline-powered generators
Ground fires - (campfires must be in a container, with sides and a bottom)
Camping in other than approved sites
Removing, damaging or defacing trees, shrubs, or any other plants
Feeding wildlife (including birds, squirrels and raccoons)
Removing tables from sites
Organized group camping
One travel trailer and two vehicles
Violators of the rules may be directed to vacate the campground without refund. In the event of a serious infraction, a citation may be issued.
For a print-friendly version of this page, select Print at the top right of this web page under the Search box.
We accept reservations and can accommodate up to 90 people, by phone, up to three months in advance. There is no charge. You may call (727) 582-2100 between 9am to 3pm Monday – Friday, closed Saturday, Sunday, & holidays. The area is very popular and is usually booked exactly three months in advance. Call at 9am if you plan to reserve.
All Shell Key campers are required to obtain a Shell Key Camping Permit. Beginning Wednesday, May 20th, permits will be available for $6 per day, with a limit of 6 guests for each permit. Campers must be listed on the permit. A vessel registration is required.
Camping permit does not include the Fort De Soto boat ramp / beach parking fee.
Please respect and appreciate the wonderful natural resource of Shell Key Preserve. Shell Key Preserve is a sensitive environmental area and good stewardship is required to ensure that the islands and waterways remain intact for future generations. It is really important to follow the Shell Key Rules, since through your actions, Shell Key Preserve can remain a welcoming place for generations to come.
A "leave no trace" camping ethic is expected at all times from visitors to the preserve. Access to Shell Key is by watercraft only. There are no facilities at Shell Key Preserve, and campers are required to bring, use and remove portable toilets. Camping is allowed only in the southern Public Use Area. Within this designated area, there are no defined campsites so visitors are free to select a camping location of their choice. Alcohol, pets, littering, nudity, fireworks and excessive noise are prohibited at all times in the Preserve.
Obtaining a Permit:
All Shell Key campers are required to obtain a Shell Key Camping Permit. Permits will be available for $6 per day, with a limit of 6 guests for each permit. Campers must be listed on the permit. A vessel registration is required.
Shell Key Camping Permit does not include the Fort De Soto boat ramp & parking fee. Boat ramp fee is a separate permit. Overnight parking is allowed at the Fort De Soto boat ramp only. Any user parking at North Beach and Arrowhead Picnic areas are subject to a parking citation. Permittee must possess valid photo identification along with their valid, signed camping permit or electronic permit while camping.
To be considered valid, a permit must:
- Include complete and accurate camper information that has been received by the Fort De Soto Campground Office.
- Conform to restrictions regarding the maximum party size and maximum number of consecutive days.
- Acknowledge that all members of the party will abide by the rules by checking the "I agree" box.
- New camping rule! Campfires and other open fires are permitted in the designated camping area only, between October 1 through April 30. No campfires allowed from May 1 through September 30 due to turtle nesting. Violations will result in a $118 fine.
Apply for a Shell Key Camping Permit:
- Reservation Instructions:
Print the confirmation email or the Printer Friendly receipt that appears in the web page once the Submit button is selected.
Take with you while camping:
- The completed camping permit with the acknowledging agreement of the rules box checked; and,
- Photo identification.
- Wall Springs Park Youth Camping permit application
This permit application and reservation confirmation number should be in the possession of the person in charge of your group on the day of occupancy. It is your responsibility to see that all members of your group are informed and adhere to the campground rules.
- Youth camp capacity is 30 people. A youth group is defined as a recognized non-profit organization of young people 17 years of age and under with adult chaperone at a ratio of one (1) adult for every 12 young people.
- A qualified scoutmaster, leader or counselor over 21 years of age or older must be on site and is responsible for the actions and behavior of the group.
- It is the responsibility of the leader to contact park staff to obtain the gate code.
- Campers are restricted to the designated youth camping area between sundown and sun-up.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 911. Someone should proceed to the front gate to direct the rescue personnel. The address for the front entrance gate is 3725 DeSoto Blvd., Palm Harbor, FL 34683.
- The department reserves the right to make inspections of the camping area at any time.
- Campfires must be confined to the fire pit.
- The camping area is designated for tent camping only.
- All vehicles except equipment trailers must be parked outside of the camp area in spaces provided.
- Pinellas County Code Chapter 90 prohibits consumption of alcoholic beverages in all Pinellas County parks. This is strictly enforced.
- Wall Springs Park will provide a confirmation number prior to arrival.