Development Process: Phase II - Segment 3
- Limits: Whitney Road to Haines Bayshore Road.
- Trail uses Duke Energy Easement, sidewalk easements, County right-of-way.
- 0.58 miles of new trail.
- Alternative alignments studied:
- Alignment 3A: Along the Duke Energy property, from Whitney Road to Haines Bayshore Road.
- Alignment 3B: Along the Duke Energy property and the west side of Cardinal Drive.
- Alignment 3C: Along the south side of Whitney Road and east side of U.S. 19.
- Alignment 3D: Along the south side of Whitney Road to the east side of Wolford Road and south side of Haines Bayshore Road.
|Side street speed limit (mph)||No streets||25||35||30|
|Length of route||0.58 miles||0.65 miles||0.88 miles||1.51 miles|
|Street/driveway crossings (total)||0||1||21||18|
|Scenic views||Open green space||Some||None||None|
|ROW/Easement needs from different property owners (totals)||2||1||7||1|